Gary Vaynerchuk is one of the most well-known entrepreneurial personalities on the internet. His all-out hustle, coupled with an in-your-face (NSFW), no B.S. style has led him to where he is today. Whether he's rockin' a white t-shirt and jeans with a fresh pair of Vans into a Fortune 500 company boardroom, or talkin' shop with celebrities in his high-rise Manhattan office, Gary "Vee" is top dog when it comes to leveraging social media and digital marketing to build his brand. And building a brand he has done!
In the late 90's, Gary saw the internet as a prime opportunity to make money, and subsequently used it to increase sales for his father’s liquor store. He was able to propel the store from $3 million to $60 million in sales within a few years, while transitioning it into what is now known as Wine Library, one of the first e-commerce platforms for alcohol.
Since then, he has established himself as a bit of an icon... engaging his millions of followers on social media who seek his business advice, delivering keynote speeches around the globe, writing multiple books, and developing his own passion projects like VaynerMedia and VaynerSports, among other investment deals. Not bad for the son of immigrants from Belarus.
Here are 10 of the best Gary Vaynerchuk quotes to inspire that same hustle in your own life.
1. "Look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself, 'what do I want to do everyday for the rest of my life?' …do that."
2. "Without hustle, your talent will only get you so far."
3. "All your ideas may be solid or even good .. But you have to Actually EXECUTE on them for them to matter."
4. "There's no reason to do shit you hate. None."
5. "Time...the one asset none of us are ever going to get more of."
6. "You are not patient enough. Your lack of patience is killing you, and your need of 'things' is killing you."
7. "Skills are cheap. Passion is priceless."
8. "A penguin cannot become a giraffe, so just be the best penguin you can be."
9. "You didn’t grow up driving…you figured it out."
10. "Why are you not willing to take ONE step backwards for a step forward for the rest of your life?"